CommitmentsCommitment for Quality
- Independence from private interests
- Feed back and Evaluation procedure
- Precise project management, as per efficient communication rules like "Write down what you'll do, Do what you have written, Write upon what you have done."
Commitment for Sustainable Development
- Energy savings : the office of Power Development Eng. uses mainly Compact Fluorescent Lamps for lightning and Class A appliances.
- Solar PV energy : the office of Power Development Engineering is lit with solar PV panels
- Wind energy : Power Development Eng. has bought shares of a cooperative association that invest and builds wind turbines in Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg
- Hydro Energy : in 2004 Power Development Eng. has financed and supervised the installation of a pico-hydro turbine in the pilot farm of the Proyecto Ecologico Chiriboga, south of Quito, Ecuador ( http://chiriboga.galeon.com/).
- Cooperation : as a reader of this page, you might understand and believe that power systems need balance, balance in their load and generation, balance in their earnings and costs, well balance. We think the same applies for the earth as a whole: improving the balance can take many forms: micro-credit, sharing of know-how, equipment or thoughts... As a food for thought, have a look on www.kiva.org and www.goodgift.org In 2006 Power Development Eng. has financed 6 water pumps, each for a village of 250 persons.
- A story, "the Colibri’s part" (*): during a forest fire, a group of birds watches the fire. Except one bird, the colibri, who fetches water by filling his mouth in order to release it on the flames. The other birds ask him « what are you doing ? ». He then answers « I’m just doing my part »..... Let’s think about it..... (*) inspired from a text of Pierre Rabhi based on an amerindian legend
Main ToolsSoftware (depending on the context)
NAP, GAP, DAP (Systems-Europe)
MANIFOLD Geographic Information System (MANIFOLD)
Portable Measurement Systems:
SmartReader 7 channels (ACR, Canada): for LV currents 25/100/250/500/1000 A
Datalogger DVT 208 (OMEGA-NEWPORT, USA): 3 items for LV currents 0-50 A
Tinytag (GEMINI, UK): MV currents
PapersUPFC Impact on Congestion Management in Open Access Power Systems:
Cristina Popescu, Daniel d’Hoop , 2002 for ENERGIA, Romania.
Improved use and reinforcements of existing interconnections : a brief economic comparison.
D. d’Hoop (PDE, Belgium)- C. Popescu (ECE, Romania) for Cigre 2003-2004 (Shangai/Ljubljana).
Long interconnections : Break-even between HVDC links and AC with serie compensation.
D. d’Hoop (PDE, Belg.)-J.P. Muratet (Alstom T&D, France)-Cigre 2003-2004 (Shangai/Ljubljana)
Optimisation Studies and Long Term Plan for the Upgrading of Ageing City Distribution Networks
A. Singhal, J-P. Muratet, R. Marshall, D. D’Hoop- submitted to Powercon 2004.